Bentley/Stellar Series G2:
Increased Strength, Durability, and Convenience
PDG is pleased to announce improvements to its Stellar, Bentley, and Stellar GL tilt-in-space wheelchairs.
These improvements represent incremental, but important, changes to all three designs. In addition, they demonstrate PDG’s ongoing commitment to updating and enhancing the performance of its well-known and respected products.
G2 brings the following improvements to the design and manufacture of the Bentley, Stellar, and Stellar GL models:
- The elimination of any welding in the upper frame for all three chairs.
The new common upper frame for all three systems will be manufactured using thermoset epoxy bonding processes and rivets—eliminating the “weak spots” that are inherent to the welding process, while reducing weight in the upper frame, and dramatically enhancing durability. In the near future, the lower frame will also be upgraded to leverage the advantages of bonded joints where appropriate. The new generation of bonding processes surpasses mechanical fixation and is rapidly expanding in many industries as alternative approaches to welding and other processes. For example, the airline industry is leading in the use of bonding technologies in their new generations of planes—and what could be more critical than structural integrity of a plane?
- Replacing the three different gas shock / spring uplift assemblies with one common approach, which has the following prime benefits:
- Improves strut uplift adjustability on the Stellar and Bentley, and improves heel clearance on the Stellar and Stellar GL.
- Eliminates the need to adjust the strut as the seat height is raised or lowered. You will never need to raise or lower the struts to accommodate a seat to floor height change. They are now “self-adjusting”.
- Makes the adjustment of the struts/springs to increase or decrease “uplift thrust” easier. One bolt, multiple positions, all three designs.
- Sets of variously shaped “mounting plates” allow common components to use to connect “mid-frame” to upper and lower frames to provide different function.
- Bentley can be converted to Stellar or Stellar GL with 45 degrees of tilt by using their mid-frames.
- New mid-frame components and matching gas spring assembly can be added as patient’s needs change.
G2 was launched successfully at the beginning of the year and will continue to be phased in over the first half of 2016, starting with popular chair sizes. PDG is excited about these improvements and would like to invite all customers to provide feedback on their experience with the new G2 system. Please contact your sales representative for further information. Thank you for your continued support and confidence. PDG remains committed to exceeding your expectations of product quality and performance.
Phone: 1 888 858 4422 Fax: 1 877 323 9093
103 - 318 East Kent Avenue South, Vancouver BC V5X 4N6